The Old Quay House
Griggs Quay Hayle
- Very good breakfast and evening meal. Staff very attentive, ran very smoothly, binoculars in a lovely room for bird watching on the estuary': would highly recommend. Also a good place for younger families. good play area. good area for sitting out and watching the life and tidal flow of the estuary.
- Beautiful location, superb quality of room and presentation, high level of staff attentiveness and training and a customer care ethic going well beyond expectation. On this point - we missed the deadline for breakfast on the Sunday morning we were leaving but the manager organised for the kitchen to make an exception, open up again and serve us. That was remarkable and extremely impressive. The quality of that breakfast then showed no sign of being rushed and was actually lovely and well presented.
- Location is amazing, excellent breakfast staff helpful.
- location; , particularly view from bedroom, cleanliness; friendly helpful staff.
- Helpful staff Excellent food Great views of estuary Ease of parking Convenient location for touring by car Playground for kids
- From start to finish our stay was excellent in every way. Great room in very nice location in the grounds beside the water. Room very nice with comfortable bed. The food in the main building was again excellent & not over priced for the standard & service given.
- Great location and meals were great. Some maintenance issues need addressing and the fire alarm did go off once but nobody came to my room to reassure me everything was ok. Staff very helpful and very welcoming and view on balcony of the estuary was worth payment alone.
- The scenery around the hotel was lovely and the outside eating area was very relaxing.
- Good food, comfortable and quiet room, nice atmosphere.
- Lodge spacious well equipped clean and very comfortable bed ...beautiful view of the estuary
- Good breakfasts. Wonderful location. Lovely lodge
- Thought the lodge we stayed in was excellent. Lovely big bed and lovely white crisp sheets. Clean towels every day plus fridge in room. Restaurant was nice and food really good. Nice having the RSPB on doorstep. Nice safe playarea for kids. Would stay again.
- Location and access. Good view of Hayle estuary . Very good shower. Friendly staff. Food good value.
- breakfast was excellent and served by friendly attentive staff...liked our lodge with estuary view with seating outside
- Everything the staff were very polite and welcoming even when we thought we had missed breakfast they came and confirmed if we would still like to have it
- The young lady the greater us was fantastic , think her name was Megan (nz or oz) I was on crutches and she was so so helpful
- View, location, staff, view and breakfast
- Amazing location, became twitchers for the period we were there, television didn't go on once. Also ideal location for travelling out to different areas, and the train into St Ives was lovely. Scenery amazing.
- Fantastic location, lovely little place.
- Excellent location and lodge was cosy and comfortable. Really liked having the deck and chairs to sit and relax looking at the birds on the Estuary.
- Everything!! Everything about our stay was brilliant!
- Facility: very family friendly. We booked the room with one double bed and 2 single beds, which is perfect for a family stay. Room is clean and space is totally enough for a family of three. There is also a play area for kids to go. It is absolutely a thumb up. Location is good if travel by car. Plenty parking space. Food: breakfast is ok, but dinner is fantastic though. We had 2 dinners and tried different dishes. Really enjoy it. Staff: very friendly and helpful.