The Old Quay House
Griggs Quay Hayle
- Very good breakfast and evening meal. Staff very attentive, ran very smoothly, binoculars in a lovely room for bird watching on the estuary': would highly recommend. Also a good place for younger families. good play area. good area for sitting out and watching the life and tidal flow of the estuary.
- Lovely view from the decking over the estuary, good bird watching. Nice size room and bed. Convenient to walk to railway station St Erth, to get into St Ives
- The view from the lodge was lovely and the lodge even though quite compact and small it contained everything needed and the bed was very comfy! Also the choice at breakfast was great
- The breakfast was excellent, if only a little over cooked on our second day. The location was excellent with train stations only minutes walk away. The food was excellent as were the bar / restaurant staff
- Nothing was too much trouble for the owners or staff as far as we guests were concerned the food was excellent and the portions were generous
- Rooms had everything from coffee machines to ironing board and fridge.
- The view was outstanding from lodge 6 loved having breakfast on the terrace. Location for carbis bay and st ives was ideal.
- Hoping for a cooked breakfast, but as out of season this wasn't available, but the continental was good
- Friendly staff. Lovely dinner. Ample parking.
- The location was great: our lodge looked over the estuary and as avid twitchers we loved that!!
- Great location for visiting Penzance, St Ives & Falmouth. Wecoming and helpful staff and free bird watching whilst having a pint !
- Lovely view across the estuary and bird sanctuary, very quiet at night too. Comfortable.
- Great food and very friendly staff. Very clean. Lovely views across the estuary,
- View from lodge, cleanliness of accommodation and helpful, friendly staff
- The pilllows were not comfortable,very lumpy, but everything else about the room and its location were excellent. Breakfasts were lovely. Staff very helpful and friendly. We loved the view and the privacy. I would definitely stay again.
- Staff were fantastic. Went above and beyond helping us out for numerous reasons. Great location, nice lodge, good food.
- The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and efficient, the food was good and the service great.
- Why no table service? Bizarre to have to leave your table to order everything
- The lasagne was poor, a square cut from a tray made earlier in the day or even perhaps previous day
- Perfect location for our stay. Midway between St Ives and Marazion, such hospitable hosts and staff, always happy to chat and advise where to go or what to do, excellent coffee machine in our room by the way, stocked well with coffee, tea and sugars/sweetners...loved the biscuits too, maybe too much that it became our "I wonder which ones we have today" lol. Mini fridge hidden inside a cupboard which was a godsend as it was summertime. One example of the thoughtfullness was that we had decided to skip breakfast and head straight out and the staff came and knocked just to check we hadn't overslept and were concerned that we would miss breakfast, I truly can't gush about them enough, lovely lovely people. Gorgeous views to wake up to over the estuary, we stayed in Samphire room number 7...the one on the end. The room itself had everything we could wish for...did I mention I covet your coffee machine? lol Seriously though, if you're reading this book it, you won't regret it, we only stayed for a week, it wasn't long enough so we have to go back and when we do we'll be staying here. Thank you so much you gorgeous people! Mwah!
Tate St Ives
St Michael's Mount
The Flambards Experience
The Cornish Seal Sanctuary
St Ives Farmers Market - Thursday's Market
The Old Quay House Restaurant
The Old Quay House Cafe/Bar
Land's End Airport
Lizard Lighthouse & Heritage Centre
St Mawes Castle
Other Tripend Trip
One of our top picks in Hayle.Located in Hayle in Cornwall, 3.1 mi from St Ives, The Old Quay House features panoramic views across the Hayle Tidal Estuary Nature Reserve. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant and bar. Free private parking is available on site. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV, a docking station and a coffee machine. All units feature an outdoor seating area to enjoy the views. Rooms have private private bathrooms. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, slippers and free toiletries. The Old Quay House features free WiFi throughout the property. The closest train station and nearest bus stop are within a 10-minute walk. Penzance is 6.2 mi from The Old Quay House, while Falmouth is 21 mi away. The nearest airport is Newquay Cornwall Airport, 32 mi from the property.